Friday, January 25, 2013

A birthday and a card :)

 
Life goes along smoothly until all of a sudden we're given little reminders that nothing is permanent.... we never know whether today is our last day, or moment that we have with the people we love.  In the past couple of weeks we have had a death in the family....a cousin passed away aged 47. She left behind a husband and two gorgeous sons. During the funeral, the priest spoke of how a good life is not determined by the number of years we have... not by old age and grey hair, but by what we do in the years we are alive.  That we live our lives to the fullest and be sure to tell those we love, that we love them often....
 
Hearing this gave me a real sense of peace....I love the idea that we make the most of  the time we have, and I'm a firm believer of that notion that God takes us when he feels our time is up, whether we're ready for that or not.
I don't ever let Stef leave our home without saying I love you and always end phone calls to my family in the same way.  I don't ever want there to be a moment that I wasted by not telling them that is how I feel.
 
We also celebrated a very special milestone in our home.
Noah turned 10 on the 17th of this month.

 
While it's a little hard to tell, his cake was a number 10, which he was thrilled about.  Ever since he was little he has and still does...LOVE.. cake.... of any type!  He also loves his birthday and over the years has developed a better understanding of what it all means and he participates with so much enthusiasm.  I look at him and can't believe we've had him for 10 years.  Having Noah has taught me so much and has helped me become the person I am today.  I am more patient, more empathetic, more confident and forth-right... I have had to become these things and much more in order to see that Noah's full potential is realised.  I think more than anything though, I have learnt what it is to love with such ferocity...the depth of emotion you have for your children is breathtaking....
I had just planned to post this little pic, and have been caught up in the emotion :)
 
Onto some scrapping stuff...
Here is Karan's latest sketch over at Cardabilities
 

and my card....
 


 
Be srue to pop over and check out the dt's amazing work!
Cardabilities is also having a design team call at the moment.  If you're interested in card making, be sure to email your application through to Karan. 
 Her sketches are beautiful to work with and so is she :)
 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to tell your loved ones, that you love them each and every day! xx


3 comments:

  1. Yes, yep, agree, oh yeah..... I agree:):) And he looks like he can't WAIT to get into that cake!!!!! LOVE your card - such gorgeous clean lines:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great color combo ♥ very pretty ♥ Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, my heart goes out to you and your family with such a sad loss.

    Now, as for that cake - it's gorgeous and Noah looks as though he's suitably impressed with his mum's decorating skills. I bet it tasted delicious?

    Gorgeous card as always, you have a wonderful eye for colour and detail. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.