Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 2011 everyone!

I love the beginning of a New Year.  The possibility of so many wonderful things happening, makes me smile :)  For the past two years I have decided upon my "one little word" to focus on and while I totally support my choice at the time, it wasn't something I thought much more about by mid year!
This year I thought I would approach things a little differently.
My beautiful friend Al Hannah created what she called a vision board filled with images and words / quotes of things that she would like to focus on/achieve this year.
I like this idea of creating something permanent to display and remind me of where I'd like to go this year.
That said, my one little word for 2011 is
Learn.
This year I am undertaking study at the Autism Institute in Melbourne, which makes me really happy!
Not only for the insights it will give us about Noah, but also for the professional challenge it will give me and the depth it will add to my teaching.

Here are some of the other images that will make up my board....
it's a work in progress atm  but I promise to share it when it's complete....




Towards the end of last year, I overextended myself somewhat, and have made a very conscious decision to NOT reapply for some of my current dt commitments :)  I want to concentrate on finding some peace for myself and a bit more quiet time.  Last year just disappeared before my very eyes, so I'm determined to slow down and enjoy every moment!

I hope 2011 holds the most wonderful things for you and is filled you with every sort of happiness.
My final little thought for this post...


Take care
xxx


6 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki, so so true and good for you. Sometimes we only reach those thoughts at the loss of someone dear. Thanks for pointing out that we need to look after ourselves and family.
    There is nothing more important.
    Love Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate 100% to what you said about slowing down a bit. Indeed 2010 was probably my worst year to date, but still it went by very very quickly. I too over commited I think, so as exciting as it is to be on DT's they can be time consuming in an already crazy world. Good luck to you in 2011...I hope you have fun and manage to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hear ya, Nik! Learn - that is SO perfect!! I hope 2011 brings you everything you wish for and more. Talk to you soon, sweet friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nikki! your so on to it! This year for me also will be filled with Learning! Good for you making sure to balance out your time and find peace in this crazy world, Wishing you a very Happy, Safe and Fruitful 2011 filled with loads of love, laughter and Learing! :D (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nik, love your ideas for your visions! A quiet, peaceful place is a GOOD place to be. Everyone needs some "me" time ... and some "family" time to be together. I think you'll find a good balance - you are a beautiful, kind, generous person. And when you are like that, good things come your way. Remember my new philosophy "think positive" and you'll get the green light every time xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful ideas, words and feelings Nikki, I am s glad you will be studying something so important to you.

    I can relate to needing some "time", it's hard when you know you can do it all but at what costs?

    Have a very wonderful 2011 Nikki, I look forward to seeing all your wonderful plans happening for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.