Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Tip - Kaisercraft

This week was my turn for Tuesday Tips on the Kaisercrafties blog – and I chose
"Reusing leftover alphabet sticker sheets".

“When I use my alphabet stickers, I cut out the entire letter (still on the sticky backing) to position where I want the title or letters to go and I found I had a pile of left over outlines. So rather than throw them away, why not use them as a frame to stamp inside of and custom make your own title!”



“Select the letter you need and stick it onto a piece of cardstock. Choose a KC stamp pad and stamp inside the outline”.


“Remove the outline and while the letter is still wet, sprinkle with embossing powder.
Use heat gun to set the image”.


“Repeat the process over and over for the letters you require”.


“I used a selection of the beautiful new Kaisercraft inks to stamp with and when I embossed the image I was chuffed with how bright the letters became! I used my custom made title in the layout below, but you could use the same process for anything…cards…btp items….or alternatively use the left over outlines of your die cut sheets or punch your own designs as I also did with the butterflies”.



rainbows – Papers from – Shaken not stirred, Peachy Keen, Lilac Avenue, Off Shore, Garden Arabesque & La Di Da, Kaisercraft Ink Pads – Lipstick, Sweet Potato, Corn, Spice, Antique Blue, Lilac & Hot Pink, Wooden Flourish SB721, Rhinestones and Type Alpha rubons RB821.
Thanks for stopping by..

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this idea Nik!!! And that layout is gorgeous. Wishing you and your family a very beautiful Easter.

    Lots of love
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki... you've come up with such a fabulous way of using up all the bits and pieces, not to mention how stunning the layout is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.