Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scrap that Poetry.....

Here is my  layout for our Scrap that Poetry challenge, the first one for this month.
The poem is called
 "Ode to the end of Summer by Phyllis McGinley".
I chose to abbreviate the poem's title for my layout title and used this beautiful photo of my best friend's little boy.  How cute is he......


This happy snap was taken last year on a family holiday to the beach with friends of ours.  It's the first time our kids have been to the beach and they absolutely loved it!
This next layout is one I created last weekend, while on a scrapping trip with my bestie Mel :)  Makes me smile thinking of our time away...Anywhoooo here it is...

I can't say how much I love these photos of Belle and Smokey our cat.  This smile is only the tip of the level of emotion Belle has for her.  She just adores her.  I actually feel sorry for Smokey most of the time as the phrase 'killing with kindness' absolutely applies, but much to our surprise, Smokey never runs away, she just allows the kids to pick her up each and every time.  Perhaps not the brightest cat, but certainly the most loved.  Here are some close ups...




Hope you are enjoying your weekend wherever you may be.  We are currently on flood watch here is Victoria (Aus).....lots of rain and perfect weather for scrapping!
Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. These are both sooo gorgeous! I especially love the second layout - the colours are beautiful and I love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower and so glad I found your blog. You have amazing work! I love both of these layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey beautiful! What gorgeous pages, those flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layouts Nikki! Love love love them. The floral embellishing on the bottom one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.