Friday, February 18, 2011

Get Picky Sketch reveal

This month we were so very lucky to be sponsored for our sketch challenge by PINK PAISLEE!!!
Not only did they offer our prize for the sketch, but they also threw in some gorgeous "Sweetness" packs for the dt to play with.  How's that for generosity!!!!

Anywhoo, here is our sketch for this month..

and my layout...



The past month has been a really difficult one for us, which culminated in Noah having pneumonia and having to be hospitalised for days.  I live by the idea that things always happen for a reason....I don't always love the things that happen...lol...but it always forces me to look that little bit deeper than I may ordinarily and find what my little life lesson for the moment might be.  I don't think you can go through your life "fully present" without taking the time to stop and think every once in a while.  That said, this layout journals some of those things I discovered about myself and some things I need to try and draw on a little more often.

Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comments too!
Take care xx

4 comments:

  1. {{hugs}} Nikki, so sorry to hear about Noah, hope he gets better and stays better. Not fair that kids get so sick. Hope you are ok.

    Love this delightful layout, so pretty, so special and so very brave of you to journal about such private thoughts.. LOVE that flower.

    Take care Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear Noah has not been well, I hope he is feeling better very soon, my thoughts are with you all.

    WOW! I love your layout, it is simply stunning and you have inspired me to journal more on my own layouts, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Noah. It's such a scarey thing to see your little one that sick, isn't it? Jamie had a bout of pneumonia this time last year and it was awful.
    I loved your layout for this month's sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the bloggy visit and leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I love your take on the sketch and the journaling is heartfelt. I have chosen this year to live in the moment and enjoy the journey of life...there is always a life lesson to learn in each circumstance of life. You are so blessed to have the beautiful Pink Paislee to work with.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a message.